Thursday, October 6, 2011

Kelowna - Month 1 - Observations

Things we've observed since being in Kelowna.

  1. The water tastes better on the island
  2. There are different types of apricots, and they are full of taste like I've never tasted before! Sweet and Tangy!
  3. More people bike ride here, even the oldies! (I think this is because it is so flat, and you don't get sweaty after 10 minutes of biking).
  4. I can be motivated to do my job at home (fewf), as I'm working from home for my Nanaimo job. (Heather)
  5. Tomato's are like a whole new fruit/veggy (whatever your take) out here, they are sooo delicious (the ones from the farm).
  6. I can be good at volleyball one day, and awful the next. (Heather)
  7. How old I am, because of the people in my program. (Jon)
  8. People on the island tend not to be as showy as people in Kelowna (Jon)

Things I do, now that I live in Kelowna
  1. Drink a lot of tea at my desk (Heather)
  2. Moksha Yoga (shhhhweeeeeeetttttttteeeeeeeee) (Heather)
  3. Bike everywhere, it is so flat!(Heather and Jon)
  4. Listen to a lot of music, while I'm working, I love it!  (Heather)
  5. Stopped shaving (Jon)
Things we've gained since living in Kelowna
  1. A new dog (our landlord's), Karma!
  2. Apricots, tomatoes, chard, in the freezer!
  3. New appreciation for condensed courses (because they're hard!) (Jon)
That's all so far :)

2 comments:

  1. Every moment is full of wonder and God is always present.
    A new place always gives a fresh outlook and appreciation. It seems we become more alive, awake and excited. How I love that.
    We love you and support you prayerfully, lovingly and practically.
    For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good pleasure.
    Happy Thanksgiving and much love Dad and Mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You a dog? For keeps? Glad everything is going well for you both. Xo
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete