Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Quite possibly the easiest way to make fresh bread at home!!

For the past couple Sundays we've been picking up fresh buns and cold cuts along with some soft cheeses (provolone & edam).  Heather doesn't usually like having sandwiches but she's good with them when everything is fresh.

I love making bread but I love eating fresh bread even more. This is a bit of a problem because I have so much homework lately. I think a lot of people are deterred from making bread because they think it is a lot of work right?.....wrong! I've been using a recipe that doesn't require kneading for about 3 years with consistent results; in fact, I haven't had a bad batch.

The recipe I use is called "No Knead Artisan Bread." I first saw the recipe on one of my favourite websites, italianfoodforever.com. The original recipe comes from the book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. This recipe can be be made up to two weeks before being prepared. The trick is to let the dough rise slowly in the fridge and the longer you let it rise the deeper the flavour and crunch!
This recipe also teaches you the very easy technique of how a little steam in the oven yields a consistency similar to a baguette.
This is the dough after rising in the fridge
This picture is taken from Italian Food Forever.com


So here's the link: http://www.italianfoodforever.com/2008/11/no-knead-artisan-bread/

Here is also a link to the video posted by the authors of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcG4PpG1LcQ

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment